Week 10 of the 2017-2018 season is upon us. The Washington Redskins will take the field here in Landover, Maryland in just a few short hours to take on the Minnesota Vikings. The DTC crew is live from FedEx field with 5 quick thoughts you need to know before kickoff at 1:00pm eastern.
- The weather. The forecast earlier this week was calling for a slight bit of rain showers with the possibility of snow showers. It looks like the rain has decided to hold off and its not quite cold enough for any type of wintery precipitation. The field is in as good as condition as possible for a mid-November game. The grass is green outside the numbers, and in as moderate shape as possible inside the numbers for a mid-November game.
- The offensive line seems to be getting a little healthier. It looks like Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff will possibly give it a go today, with Long and Lauvao still questionable. That means there is a chance that the full starting offensive line may be ready to go. If this offensive line is healthy enough to create some running lanes for Rob Kelly, Chris Thompson and the running game, it would be a huge boost to this offense.
- Maurice Harris was promoted to the 53 man roster yesterday. That may mean the Redskins aren’t expecting Brian Quick to be cleared from the NFL’s concussion protocol. It will be interesting to see if Maurice Harris is on the field to return kicks and punts, and if he gets any run at WR.
- Teddy Bridgewater is slated to be Case Keenum’s backup. It’s not hard for me to imagine that if Case struggles that Mike Zimmer pulls the plug and drops Teddy Bridgewater in. It will be interesting to see how long the Case leash is. The Redskins defense may have to ultimately game plan for 2 different quarterbacks.
- Stephon Diggs had a field day against the Redskins defense just one year ago. Diggs was targeted 15 times and caught 13 for 164 yards. Of which most came in the first half against Kendall Fuller. Fuller is playing leaps and bounds better this year; however, it will be interesting to see if Fuller can get the better of Diggs today.